CITY OF RICHMOND HEIGHTS
ANNUAL PUBLICATION OF COMPLIANCE
WITH THE MINIMUM STANDARDS ESTABLISHED BY SECTION 67.287.2 RSMO
First posted on the City website on August 26, 2015
During 2015, the City of Richmond Heights met the minimum standards established by Section 67.287.2 RSMo. as set forth below. For more information, contact Pam Hylton, Assistant City Manager, at 314-655-3501.
(1) The City approved a balanced annual budget listing anticipated revenues and expenditures, as required in Section 67.010 RSMo. See Ordinance No. 5295.
(2) The certified public accountant firm, Hochschild, Bloom & Company LLP, conducted an annual audit of the finances of the City that includes a report on the internal controls utilized by the City and prepared by the qualified financial consultant, Hochschild, Bloom & Company LLP, that are implemented to prevent misuse of public funds. The City has included with the audit records its current procedures that show compliance with the recommended internal controls [subject to reasonable exceptions as stated therein]. The audit report and related reports are available here.
(3) The City used a cash management and accounting system that accounts for all revenues and expenditures.
(4) The City maintained the following adequate levels of insurance to minimize risk, including:
(a) General liability coverage with the following limits: $3,000,000
(b) Liability coverage with endorsements to cover emergency medical personnel and paramedics with the following limits: $3,000,000
(c) Police professional liability coverage with the following limits: $3,000,000
(d) Workers compensation benefits for injured employees as required under the provisions of Chapter 287 RSMo.
(e) Bonds for the following local officials as required by Municipal Code Section 120.030: City Manager, Finance Director, Assistant Finance Director
Copies of these insurance policies and bonds are available for inspection at the office of the City Clerk.
(5) The City provided access at the office of the City Clerk to a complete set of ordinances adopted by its governing body, available to the public within ten business days of a written request. An online version of codified ordinances was available through the City's website here.
(6) The City was served by its own police department, a department accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
(7) The police department serving the City had written policies regarding the safe operation of emergency vehicles, including a policy on police pursuits. A copy of such policies is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(8) The police department serving the City had written policies regarding the use of force by peace officers. A copy of such policies is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(9) The police department serving the City had written general orders. A copy of such general orders is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(10) The police department serving the City had written policies for collecting and reporting all crime and police stop data for the City as required by law. Such policies have been forwarded to the Missouri Attorney General's office. A copy of such policies is available at the office of the City Clerk.
(11) The City conducted constructed code review by City Staff pursuant to the codes and procedures set forth in Ordinance 5192 in the City's Code of Ordinances.