Solid waste, recycling, and yard waste pickups are free to residents of single-family homes and multi-family buildings containing a maximum of four dwelling units. The City's current solid waste service provider is Republic Services.
Republic Services, the city's waste pickup contractor, provides trash, recycling and yard waste pickups every Wednesday throughout Richmond Heights. Items must be in the tree lawn by 7:00a.m. and emptied cans must be removed by 8:00p.m. that evening. Items may be placed in the tree lawn as early as 3:00p.m. the day before.
- Trash should be placed in the blue carts provided by Republic Services.
- Recyclables should be placed in the dark green carts provided by the city. Sorting is not required.
- Compostables/yard waste should be clearly marked and placed in reusable plastic or metal waste containers that have tight-fitting lids or in biodegradable containers such as brown kraft paper bags or un-waxed cardboard boxes. Plastic bags may not be used for compostables.
- Bulk pick-ups may be put out on Wednesdays as well with a few exceptions. Appliances, electronics and construction materials must be scheduled with Republic Services. If it is a large item requiring more than one person to lift, residents must call Republic Services to schedule a pickup.
Please call the Public Works Department at 314-645-2277 or Republic Services at 636-947-5959 with questions about waste pickups. If you wish to pay for rear door pick up service, please contact Republic to set up the service for a fee.
You can also view the City's Disposal Guide online here.
- newspapers and newspaper inserts (remove plastic sleeves)
- magazines, catalogs
- junk mail
- brown paper bags
- phone books
- paperback books
- glass of all colors
- plastic milk jugs
- aluminum cans
- tin cans
- compostable materials, such as grass clippings, brush, tree limbs and twigs
- food and beverage cartons
For a more thorough list, please contact Public Works at 314-645-2277.
Cardboard is considered a single stream recycle material. The procedure for cardboard is as follows:
Needs to be broken down.
No larger than 3'x3'.
Do not place boxes inside boxes.
Do not use boxes as a receptacle